Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuffys LIL Oscar Sea Creatures It is larger than I thought it would be.

Tuffy's LIL Oscar Sea Creature's Dog Toy
Tuffy's LIL Oscar Sea Creature's Dog Toy Read more...

  • For all sizes of dogs
  • Machine washable, air dry and they float
  • Tuff Scale rating of 8
  • The toy's dimensions are 12 x 12 x 5 inches
  • Vet recommended and approved

  • Total cost about a dollar a minute I had such high hopes for this toy after my dog destroyed Captain Kurklops in about 45 minutes by chewing through his mouth I thought for sure this one wouldn't have any weak spots. But she decided to perform brain surgery on this poor octopus and chewed straight through his head in about 20 minutes. Side note you wouldn't believe how much stuffing is in one of these little guys! If you have a really strong determined chewer you may end up disappointed too. My dog is a yearold bull terrier and she is really hard on toys.
    good toy I agree with above reviewer. My guys have had this toy for over a year. The head was the first to go in very short order. I revamped the resewed the head and they are still playing tug of war with it. The legs have lasted. I have purchased other toys from this manufacturer they grade according to tuffness. The others I have purchased have been graded 9 and 10the tuffest and they are lasting my two chew crazy Boston Terriers far longer than any toy except Kongs.
    Buyer Not Thrilled! Toy is supposed to be super tuff so I figured that I would spend a little more $ on it.Within the first 20 min. My Jack Russel had the top of the toy broke open and some of the stuffing pulled out. By the end of the day he had the squeeker from the top pulled out too. I will never waste my $ on these supposed tuff toys again.
    It is larger than I thought it would be. Our puppy is quite the chewer. He is a medium size dog. Most toys do not last very long. The material of this one seems to be stronger than most with stronger edging also. We don't let our dog play with it unsupervised and only for short periods of time. It seems more durable than most toys.
    Tuffy this toy is NOT! My dog is quite the chewer I must say. He is a beagle mixed with something im not too sure. If your dog is the type of dog that will chew and chew and chew at something with a vengeance then this toy is not for you.
    Dog is going nuts for this as I type I didn't realize that this toy was out of the size range for my 14 lb Cairn Terrier but she doesn't care. She loves it. She is pushing chasing hassling and chewing this thing like no other toy. She seems to like that it is harder to pick up than most of her other toys. She hasn't figured out the squeakers yet.
    amazing After reading all the reviews i didn't expect much from this toy but gave it a shot anyways. After 2 weeks it's still in tip top shape. My 20 lb terror can't get enough of playing with it and can't seem to destroy it. I'm thinking it's gonna be awhile before this octopus ends up in the pile of dead toys.This toy is perfect for a 20lb dog who loves to rip ears and feet off toys.
    Not tuff enuff! Purchased 1 of these locally & had high hopes given the tuff scale. 1 of our dogs loves squeakers & I was so excited at the prospect of this toy having squeakers at the end of each arm & in the head. I had also purchased 2 of Tuffy's nEELmo Sea Creature toys locally a few months ago & while they are on their last legs leg! I figured that given their endurance this new toy would certainly surpass them. The toy did create a great deal of excitement & fun between our 2 cattle dogs but unfortunately the poor creature was deheaded destuffed & desqueaked in less than 3 days. Yes a great deal of tugging & pulling was involved but that is also what the eel sea creature & fire hose squeak 'n fetch toys go through daily.
    Too tough for chewing and playing Our 60 pound golden retriever found this toy too tough to really pick up and chew and play with. Couldn't make it squeak and it was awkward to pick up she hasn't played with it at all. Definitely appears sturdy though.
    Good for small dogs who like to chew I have a 15 lb jack russel mix not very big or powerful but he loves to chew. Aside from playing with them he likes to pick one spot on a soft toy and chew it relentlessly until the stuffing is exposed which he then proceeds to eat.Lil Oscar lasted much longer than other conventional toys and my dog really enjoyed carrying it around shaking it and squeaking the arms. It lasted about a 5 weeks until he trotted up to me and dropped a chewedup squeaker in my lap. There's no layer of stitching in between Oscar's arms and body so despite him still being mostly intact he couldn't be salvaged couldn't risk the dog pulling all his stuffing out.Overall it was a good buy and I would recommend this toy for smaller toys with a powerful instinct to chew.
    Read more...





    Related Products
    • Tuffy's Larry Lobster Sea Creature's Dog Toy Better than most  
    • Tuffy's Shack Shark Sea Creature's Dog Toy Design flaw in typically great brand We have had good luck with Tuffy's toys for our one year old 125lb Great Dane puppy Beauregard. Typically other toys last hours if not minutes but we discovered Tuffy's and we now get months out of their toys. However the shark ...Read the full

    • Tuffy's Burtle Turtle Sea Creature's Dog Toy shredded in an hour Trying desperately to find a dogtoy that the goldens won't shred and thought I had with this one. Nope. Even ordered a Class 10 and that one lasted a couple hours before the insides of it were on the living room floor. ...Read the full

    • Tuffy's Mega Creature Large Octopus Dog Toy, Tiger Print Outstanding Toy For Tough Chewers I bought this directly from VIP about 6 months ago. This Octopus is rated a 10 which is the strongest they offer and what I needed for my pit bull and doberman. They shred toys quickly.First off this toy is huge. It's well over a ...Read the full

    • Tuffy's Ultimate Ring Dog Toy, Red Paws Not a chew toy. Only use to play with the dog then put away The first one I bought I was really excited about. I spent $25 on it in a retail store. Within a couple day my Boarder Collie & Lab had started pulling the fabric apart and getting at the stitches. It was ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment