Friday, February 15, 2013

Kyjen Babies Original Series Platypus dogs had a good time!

Kyjen Egg Babies Dog Toy, Original Series, Platypus
Kyjen Egg Babies Dog Toy, Original Series, Platypus Read more...

  • Fun plush toy with elastic opening on bottom
  • Keeps pet entertained and occupied
  • Includes 5 removable squeaking eggs
  • Measures 9 x 9 x 10 inches
  • Long-lasting toy for dogs that love to seek and destroy

  • Pup's favorite toy above all others even chewies!For For whatever reason this is my Shihtzu pup's very most favorite toy! We took all the eggs out of the belly so it is more flat he prefers it that way and that platypus sees more action then all the other toys combined! We have rawhide twists nylabones squeaky toys balls and this is his always goto favorite toy.We bought it because it was the least expensive dog stuffed animal at the local pet shop because our 7 y.o. insisted he needed a stuffy and we've been amazed by his love of it. Interestingly our sitter says she has the same platypus for her dog and he loves it too. What's up with the love for this odd stuffed dog toy?Highly recommended.
    Favorite Toy Months Later!!! When we first got this toy my puppy didn't really get it. I tried teaching her like the product recommends and my puppy didn't seem to care. I gave up and just left the toy in her basket. I am not sure when it changed but at some point she became OBSESSED with the eggs! Once she wanted the eggs when I would put them in she'd get them out! It takes her very little time to do so though. So I guess the trick is to get the dog to want the egg first! But even months later she doesn't care about the platypus but is OBSESSED with the eggs! She loves hiding them under the couch under the bed etc.
    DO NOT BUY THIS! My dog swallowed the eggs and they got stuck in his stomach. He had to have surgery as a result. I am thankful he's alive and want to share this info with others.
    dogs had a good time! Dogs loved it! Doxies.
    This is SO fun but some dogs may need a little extra help My puppy is 6 months old. He might be a little slower than other dogs or maybe it's his age or both but it took him a little longer to get this. When we first got it as other reviewers have mentioned he wanted to tear apart the alligator and wasn't interested in the eggs even though I followed the instructions. So I took the alligator away and we just played with the eggs for a couple of days.
    Great toy! I bought this for my Akita who loves plush toys and does not tend to be destructive with them. This is by far his favorite toy and he's had it over a year and has not destroyed it yet nor have the two Shiba Inus he lives with. They find something very satisfying about digging out the eggs and it seems to be enough for them so they don't try to rip up the toy too.My Akita is 120 pounds but is not a destructive chewer. He looks pretty silly carrying the eggs around in his mouth but he does! I like to rotate toys so they don't get too bored with stuff and as soon as this toy comes out again he grabs it and hides it upstairs because he doesn't want one of the other dogs to get it. He's really crazy about it!I wouldn't recommend this for a strong chewer or a dog who had a history of tearing up plush toys but if your dogs plays well with other toys and enjoys ripping out the stuffing of other toys he may find this a satisfying toy instead.
    Well Made & Fun Dog Toy When I first received the Kyjen Egg dog toy I thought that it would be too big for our 12lb dog but upon removing the three eggs plus you receive two addtional spare eggs the toy become more floppy and it wasn't a problem. The toy is well made and our dog makes a hobby of destroying his toys. Over a month latter it is still in good shape cheaply made doesn't last past a week with our dog I like that it is a platypus being originally from Australia and a pleasant and novel change from the usual pigs chickens etc. Good buy and well made.
    Platypus with eggs I have bought egg babies before for my dogs. The dogs love them and will play with them for hours. Beware of the eggs on the platypus. My Boxer puppy almost swallowed one of the eggs whole. It was very fortunate that she was able to cough it out. The eggs used to be larger. I was very disappointed in this toy and threw the eggs out.
    Platypus Needs Surgical Intervention I have been buying a bunch of dog toys for my 4 month old cocker spaniel lately on Amazon. Some have turned out to be keepers and some have been put in a puppy toy box to be taken out when my pupster is older and maybe has forgotten he didn't really like the toy. Platypus is being placed in that box for future playtime when he is older. The main reason my puppy didn't play with Platypus is that he couldn't get the eggs out of her stomach. Geesh I even had a hard time getting them out when I was showing my pup how to do it. I had to cut open the opening to make it wider. The elastic opening didn't open wide enough even with the surgical intervention. It was still difficult to get the eggs out and I have opposable thumbs. My puppy is used to playing with other toys where he can snout into the openings and get their treasures out to play with. The squirrels in the tree house and esp. the IQube are great for him. So he is smart enough to nose and chomp on the toys while they are inside the larger toy. I don't think it is the difficulty level since it takes him some time to get the balls out of the IQube but he loves that toy. I thought he would really like the Platypus since it is brown like he is and when he was just a week old he looked like a platypus squirming about not able to walk. Guess he doesn't relate to toys with the emotional connection like I do hmmmm. I gave it 2 stars because he does like to carry around the eggs in his mouth when I get them out for him. He also likes me to throw them so he can retrieve them. But I wanted a toy he could play with by himself to teach him some self quieting skills so that defeated the purpose of the toy for me. Btw Platypus is soft and plushy as are the eggs. My pupster likes these kind of toys and surprisingly his little piranha teeth don't feel the need to rip it apart like he does with some of this other toys.
    Brilliant! My dog LOVES it! I would like to say that the idea of eggs in a Platypus is brilliant. The toy stood up for over a month without much wear for my 5 month old Boston Terrier puppy. After about a month and a half he was able to chew the bill off but it's still going strong two months in other than that. It comes with extra eggs which is another plus. They are great fun to play fetch with.
    Read more...





    Related Products
    • Kyjen PP01056 Hide-A-Squirrel Pet Toy, Large NF Terrier playing with this toy

    • Kyjen Plush Puppies Squeaker Mat Long Body Gator Dog Toy with 16 Squeakers Please read this review for the safety of your dog! I rarely leave 1star ratings. This review will probably get lost in the numerous reviews and disappear.My adorable dog isn't a huge chewer but he kept chewing this product. He started ...Read the full

    • Kyjen Oakley the Octopus Junior Plush Pet Toy Dog loves Oakley the Octopus Jr  
    • Ourpets DT-10504 Smarter Toys IQ Treat Ball , 5 Inches , Colors may vary great
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Kyjen Squeakin' Eggs Plush Dog Toys, 3-Pack My girls LOVE these!!! I do not usually review items that I have purchased but this is an exception. My girls LOVE these toys. They are just squeeky enough but do not have a ton of stuffing surrounding them that entice them to shred the toy so they actually last for ...Read the full

    • No comments:

      Post a Comment