Friday, January 18, 2013

Kyjen Dog Games Treat Wheel treat wheel

Kyjen Dog Games Treat Wheel
Kyjen Dog Games Treat Wheel Read more...

  • All games include instructions and tips
  • All treat cups included (not sold separately)
  • Dishwasher safe

  • Good toy but not as challenging as wanted I have a 4 year old Border Collie/Australian Cattle Dog mix who is very food motivated.I bought this toy after reading all the positive reviews from dog owners on this site.A lot of the dogs referenced were Labs or Retrievers.. so I assumed this would be perfect for my pooch.He figured it out rather quickly.. and even though he still loves to play it. Is done finding the treats in less than 2 mins. And if I am not right there with him on the floor next to him he will throw the toy around to just get the treats out.I will continue to use this toy with him mostly to work on patience with him but as far as challenging this toy did not prove effective.
    only good for the first use buy a treat ball My dog figured this out really fast and likes it a lot. However it's over priced since my dog can get to the treats fast and he's a fast eater. I would suggest investing in a treat ball instead. That'll keep there attention longer and they are similarly priced.
    Two paws down My ten pound Yorkie is very food centric when it comes to games if there isn't food he isn't playing. We have several bumble balls and kongs that he loves to play with and thought this treat wheel would be a fun new game for him. The yellow playing pieces were much too big for him to get his mouth around and he was unable to master using his paws to flip them out of the holders. For a dog that LOVES any game that involves food this just proved much too frustrating for him. And believe me we tried to help our little guy out with this. We left the yellow cups off and just slightly rotated the wheel but even that was too difficult for him to spin as it did not move easily. And it's not like our dog isn't Pawcentric as he is actually quite adept at using his paws to move and flip his Kong and to fish treats out from under furniture etc. We tried over the course of several weeks to try and help our pal get the hang of this toy but all parties finally agreed that this just wasn't fun the way a toy should be. Perhaps if you have a bigger dog this will work for you but it received two paws down from our little buddy.One other concern that I had was the fact that the small hole in the top of the yellow cups seemed just the right opening for a dog to catch a nail in and get stuck on his paw. Granted that on one should ever leave a pet and a toy unattended but something for people to keep in mind if they do buy this product.
    treat wheel The spaces are interconnected under the blue top hard sharp edges inside and on the mobile lining and the dogs have a hard time getting to the food. My little guy actually yelped I suppose he got his tongue caught. He did not go back to 'negative reinforcement.' Not a good invention.
    lots of fun Highly entertaining to watch. Both of my dogs LOVE it. The older one has a little more trouble with itbut he can do it! He hasn't quit figured out that he has to move the yellow cups before the wheel will turn. On the other hand my younger dog thought that removing the yellow cups WAS the game. Had to show him that there was something inside. Does very well removing the cups now. Timing him he is down to a little over 2 minutes. You do have to show them how it works a few times if you don't have a super smart dog.
    Great for slowing down feeding time! This is a super easy puzzle it took my standard poodle who is about 6 months old about 3 minutes to figure it out the very first time. So I don't think it makes the best puzzle but it is amazing at slowing down chow time. I fill all four compartments up with kibble. I holds about 2 cups of food and it extends eating time from 2 minutes to 10 minutes. Which means less gas for my dog and sweeter air for me.
    Fun! Our dog loves this game even with just 1 treat or piece of food per section and will play over and over again. We just have to watch she doesn't try to eat the yellow cups but the blue part is durable. She easily figured out tho that she can move it around instead of spinning the disc to get the treats out. She knows where we store this game and tries to get into the cabinet to get it out! Great price at Amazon and a good value dog toy. I would buy this again.
    Not a challenge I wanted a new challenge for my terrier and she figured this out in no time flat. Then she ran off with the compartment covers and chewed them to bits. So the product is not challenging and not robust. Maybe this would work for a declawed cat but if your dog is halfway on the ball get something else.
    Too hard for a small dog to use My toy poodle was quite interested in this toy but it proved difficult for him to play with. He has a small mouth and it was hard for him to pick up the yellow pieces to get at the treats. It was also hard for him to rotate it on its base to expose the other treats. I think this is a fine toy for bigger dogs but Liam is only 7.7 lbs. My husband also didn't like all the noise.
    Good at first This kept my dog's attention for a couple minutes the first few times we used it but now she has no interest. I think my 2 year old enjoyed it more than my dog did. It seems to slide around too easy and our dog has a tough time getting the yellow cups out. She's not overly food driven so that may be part of the problem. Guess we'll try something else.
    Read more...





    Related Products
    • Ourpets DT-10504 Smarter Toys IQ Treat Ball , 5 Inches , Colors may vary great
      onmouseover= ...Read the full
    • Ethical Pet Seek-A-Treat Shuffle Bone Dog Puzzle Challenging and Entertaining

    • Kyjen PP01056 Hide-A-Squirrel Pet Toy, Large NF Terrier playing with this toy

    • Premier Busy Buddy Tug-A-Jug, Medium/Large Good alternative to a Buster Cube This toy takes more effort to get food out than the Buster Cube which I like because it occupies the dog longer. I find that the cube even on its hardest setting only takes a few minutes to get out most of the food and then the ...Read the full

    • Kyjen Dog Games Star Spinner Treat Toy Perfect treat Puzzle for Active dog!
      onmouseover= ...Read the full

      No comments:

      Post a Comment